Private Client Solicitor
££50,000 + per annum
Our client who are a leading national law firm require a 2-5 years PQE Private Client Solicitor to join their expanding department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing own caseload of varied Private Client matters
- Dealing with the administration of Trusts
- Dealing with Stockbrokers in respect of Trust assets, making the appropriate distributions
- Completing of tax returns, including calculating the tax where necessary or liaising with accountants
- Dealing with the administration of Estates, whether under a Will or the rules of Intestacy
- Meeting bereaved clients and Executors to take instructions and manage estate and all stakeholder administration appropriately ensuring all required documents are in place in a timely and accurate manner
- Taking instructions and drafting Wills to meet specific requirements
- Looking after a number of clients where partners are appointed as Attorneys under Enduring Powers of Attorney and Court Orders
- Registering Enduring Powers of Attorney at the Court of Protection/Office of the Public Guardian. Preparing and registering, when necessary, Lasting Powers of Attorney; and
- Dealing with complex issues that require research and discussion with other members of the Private Client department.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of private client law and experience in the majority of the above areas. The ideal candidate will be highly competent in Microsoft Office with good all-round IT skills, have flexibility and the ability to provide a personalised service to all clients and be self-motivated and organised with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Please apply via the section to the right or contact the team on the following details:
T: 0333 0508270